We are currently meeting the needs of 162 pupils of which 19 are on the role for our specialist Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) provision in Orchard House. All pupils have Educational Health and Care Plans identifying learning difficulties and a range of associated complex needs. We have high staff/pupil ratios, enabling us to personalise the curriculum and meet the needs of our pupils.
We offer the National Curriculum and learning experiences that are relevant to our pupils and enable them to achieve.
All pupils have Personalised Learning Plans and we maintain very close links with parents/carers and other professionals to ensure that we can provide the best possible opportunities for our pupils.
Enhancement activites include:
- Protect Me programme
- Key Stage 4 Curriculum including college opportunities and Work Related Learning
- The Duke of Edinburugh’s Award
- Sports Leadership
- Therapy Room
- Pupil Support Unit
- Lunch clubs
- Theme Days and Parent Access Days
- A range of music and drama events including ‘Fred’s Got Talent’
- A range of sporting events and competitions
- Residential Provision
- We are able to offer a number of residential places and provide the opportunity where need is identified for pupils to further their life skills. Care staff work closely with school staff and parents to support pupils in school and at home
- A range of intervention programs such as ELSA, ARROW and Talking Maths.
If you would like a hard (or any other format) copy of the School Prospectus, please contact the school and we will do our best to help you.