Our curriculum consists of the following subject frameworks. We are in the process of reviewing our curriculum overview documents, we will continue to add further links below as they become available:
- Functional English (including Speaking and Listening)
- Reading and Phonics
- Functional Maths
- Relationships, Sex and Health Education
- Physical Education (including Swimming and Sensory Enrichment)
- Functional Computing
- Creative Learning (including Art, DT and Music)
- Cultural Studies (including Religious Education)
- Careers and Employability
- Independence and Life Skills
- TITAN Travel and ReAdy to Go
- Forest School and Outdoor Learning
Pupils have further opportunities to take part in learning activities through our lunch time club offer and regular off-site trips. In Key Stage 4, pupils also have the opportunity to choose their ‘Option’ subjects.
Our reading schemes include Big Cats, Songbirds and Rapid Reading. Our school phonics scheme is Twinkl Phonics.
Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Development
Our school provides a context for spiritual, moral, social and cultural learning and experiences. Pupils will have the opportunity to experience different aspects of society within a clear and consistent moral framework developing mutual respect and tolerance for each other. Our young people are given opportunities to make informed choices to develop leadership skills, to take responsibility and to consider the consequences of their actions now and in the future.
These aspects are embedded across the curriculum, recognising and reinforcing core British values and our school values.
The government set out its definition of British values in the ‘Prevent Strategy’. These values include:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
Our pupils are taught to REACH and learn with:
- RESILIENCE: We keep trying, even when it gets tough
- EMPATHY: We are respectful and understanding of each other
- ACCEPTANCE: We accept each other for who we are without judgements
- CONSISTENT COLLABORATION: We are ambitious to be consistent in our work and in our support of each other as a team
- HONESTY: We are honest, open & accountable with others and ourselves